In discussing PressRoom with PR, Communications Managers and Press Officers what often gets missed is that PressRoom is setup to achieve a different objective to the mainstream online news services, which very effectively puts news and press releases in front of journalists.
What PressRoom is designed to do is optimise the same news and press releases but for distribution to the social web: There’s no reason why you shouldn’t run both services side by side.
In designing PressRoom, we’ve paid particular attention to ensuring that news is optimised for the social web:
- News releases are optimised for Google News & Yahoo News and distributed to a host of blogging and news aggregation services.
- News is distributed through Twitter by automatically generating tweets which include the title of each press release with shortened url to the full article.
- Embedding YouTube videos and Flickr images brings in rich media content.
- Press releases are automatically added to Delicious social media bookmarking account.
- Google Analytics reporting compliments the comprehensive dashboard tracking from Technorati Cosmos, Yahoo Site Explorer & Delicious.
Which is great news for those who are looking to effectively integrate social media marketing into their online press & news service and engage a wider audience.